Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ahh...what it is this thing we call human beings? I can't understand it. The thing that really is me, the real me, who is it? Where is it? As I was walking to class, and watched all the people working on their various things, it occurred to me that I won't even be here in two weeks. And no one will even notice. Our lives aren't like that. No more what kind of people we are, we affect the thing around us, for better or worse. My teacher has changed me; I've absorbed his habits and ideas without even noticing.

Another crazy idea is that this body that I have, the one that I am always trying to make stronger, will only stay with me for a limited time. The real me, Ameer Omar Farooq, will leave this physical vehicle and go on somewhere else, someplace eternal. When you actually think about that...there is much that we do not understand.

Anyways, please pray that we benefit from what we've learned.

And that we persist.

~Ameer

No comments: